0423 Managers in social, community and correctional services
End of Quick search
Lead statementThis unit group includes managers who plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the programs and activities of social service and community agencies, correctional institutions, counselling departments, labour organizations, professional associations, political parties and non-governmental organizations.
- association director
- children's aid society director
- child welfare services administrator
- community centre director
- correctional institution director
- correctional treatment and training director
- detention centre director
- environmental group director
- family services area manager
- income maintenance director
- labour organization manager
- membership services manager
- political organization manager
- prison warden
- social assistance director
- social services regional administrator
- social work director
- trade association manager
- volunteer services director
- Managers in social, community and correctional services usually require a master's degree in a social science or administrative discipline
and Several years of experience in a related occupation, such as a community and social service worker, social or health policy researcher, consultant or program officer, probation or parole officer, or social worker.
- Managers of associations and membership organizations require extensive experience in a related occupation, trade or industry.
- Progression to senior management positions in social, community and correctional services is possible with additional training and experience.
- Government managers - health and social policy development and program administration
- Senior managers - health, education, social and community services and membership organizations